Layout & Design
PACKAGING YOUR INDESIGN FILE TO INCLUDE LINKS AND FONTS:
Here are detailed instructions:
- Open your Indesign file.
- If possible, resolve any errors concerning missing links or fonts.
- Go to File: Package.
- Click the Package button at the bottom of the Summary window (This window was called the preflight window in older versions).
- Click continue on the “Printing Instructions” window (most people ignore these instructions).
- Browse to where you’d like to create the package folder (desktop would be fine) and enter the name of the folder.
Make sure that the “Copy Fonts,” “Copy Linked Graphics,” “Update Graphic Links in Package,” and “Include Fonts and Links from Hidden….” are all checked. Other boxes should be unchecked.
Click the package button.
- Find the new folder that InDesign created and verify that it contains copies of all required files.
Right-click the folder and choose “Compress” (Mac) or “Send to ZIP” (Windows, might be something different but similar depending on what software you have installed). This will zip it up.
If the file size is less than 10MB, you can probably safely e-mail it. If it’s more, then you should use our FTP to send files.